Year 5 2023 - 2024
WELCOME TO YEAR 5
We have two classes in Year 5:
Class Teacher: Mr Mellor
Learning Support: Ms Flooks and Mrs Wigley
Class Teacher: Miss Hughes
Welcome to our Year 5 page, we are extremely proud of classes this term; they have demostrated maturity and responsibility towards thier own learning and have settled well into their new working environments.
We have lots of exciting opportunities in store for you this Spring:
- Developing basic footwork, shooting technique and game tatics in netball.
- Recreating ancient Greek history through myths and legends and pottery artwork....and an immersive Greek day!
- Learning how to read sheet music to play the glockenspeil.
- Securing your skills and applying you knowledge multiplication/division and fractions/decimals.
- Raising awareness of bullying and how you can play a positive part in keeping everyone safe.
- Designing, developing and playing games using algorithms in computing.
- Looking at different species of plants and how they reproduce, followed by a trip to Chester Zoo!
To ensure you are making progress with your learning, please keep on top of your homework which can now be found on google classroom.
English homework: Posted on your class page every Friday. Due in the following Wednesday.
Maths homework: Posted on your maths page every Friday. Due in the following Wednesday.
Reading: You should now be reading a variety of books in Y5, at least x5 reading sessions per week. This could be 10-20 minutes reading sessions each evening. Reading is the key to understanding and widening our vocabulary. A life skill you will always need. So…keep on top of your reading!
Things to remember:
- PE kits on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Mobile phones must be switched off at all times whilst on school grounds and handed into your teacher to be put in a safe place.
- 5R French is on Wednesdays.
- 5SH French is an Thursdays.
Please follow Woodfall on twitter to see what exciting sessions are happening in Year 5 - https://twitter.com/WoodfallPrimary
Files to Download
Year 5: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 5: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 5: Message Board items
There are no Message Board items to display
Year 5: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display